Privacy and General Terms and Conditions for participants of Entrepreneurs Geelong
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Liz Grant, Secretary at 0407 510 044.
The data we collect is used to help us better understand your needs in relation to the services we offer. To do this, we may collect the following data:
- We may monitor how users interact with our website, such as how you found us, the website you came from and how often you visit. This information is anonymous and helps us better understand the behaviour of the users of our website and to provide better customer service.
- Through the completion of contact us forms and other business information, we may collect information about you and your business in relation to the services you have expressed an interest in. This data may be used to provide you with the most relevant products and services, and may also be used to analyse issues or areas of improvement so as to provide improved products and services in the future.
- If you opt in to our newsletter, we collect your name and email address for purposes of sending you this newsletter. These details will never be sold, rented, or passed on to third parties without your explicit consent. At any time, a user may unsubscribe from these newsletters by contacting us, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
Keeping your data secure is extremely important to us, so we take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is adequately protected. We do not capture any credit card details on our website, preferring to use alternative methods of payment.
And, as a general rule, we will never disclose your data to third parties without your permission. We know that providing your information to us is an act of trust and we intend to honour that act. However, there are certain circumstances where we may pass on some personal information:
- If required to do so by law.
- Where we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
If you would like us to update or delete any data held by us, please contact us with your request, and we will action the request as soon as practically possible.
General Terms & Conditions
- Registration fees
All registration fees are due before the commencement of the event.
- Cancellation Policy
Registration cancellations must be notified in writing by email to Entrepreneurs Geelong at email@example.com.
Cancellations received more than 24 hours prior the commencement of the event will receive a credit to another Entrepreneurs Geelong event of an amount being event registration fees less an administration charge of 10%. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the commencement of the event, as well as ‘no shows’, are liable for the full registration fee.
Participants must make sure they receive an acknowledgement of their cancellation from Entrepreneurs Geelong. Only this will confirm that their request has been received and processed.
Entrepreneurs Geelong reserves the right to amend any part of the event program if necessary at any time.
Entrepreneurs Geelong will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by participants or accompanying persons, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the event or related events.
In the event of industrial disruption or other unforeseen circumstances, Entrepreneurs Geelong accepts no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by participants.
Participants should make their own arrangements with respect to personal insurance, along with travel insurance.
- Membership Registration
In registering for an Entrepreneurs Geelong event, you acknowledge that you are also registering your business to be a Free Member of Entrepreneurs Geelong.
In addition to notifying your business of future events and resources relevant to entrepreneurs in the Geelong region, your business details may be made available to parties directly related to the specific Entrepreneurs Geelong event you registered for.
In registering for Entrepreneurs Geelong events, relevant details will also be incorporated into a participant list for the benefit of the event organisers. Normally this information would include: full name, business, email address and mobile phone number.
Participants are responsible for advising Entrepreneurs Geelong if they do not wish to register for Free Membership of Entrepreneurs Geelong, or have their email address or phone number included in the event participant list or Entrepreneurs Geelong’s distribution list for future events.